Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Alexis Georgacopoulos





The “Blow” bowls caught my attention with its colorful rope handles and hand blown bowls. Maybe with some hope and hinting these vessels will find a place on our dining table. Part of a set of three the bowls are designed and completed in 2008 by Alexis Georgacopoulos who currently lives in Lausanne. The noticeable tension between the hard and soft materials makes this project edgy and playful.

When you get some time I encourage you to visit his site. I’m also including an exhibition project for the Swiss Federal Design Awards at the mudac in Lausanne. The variety of work ranging from graphic design, photography, fashion, etc. is presented in a collection of wooden frames. The size of the wooden structures changes shapes depending on the subject matter.




2 comments:

  1. Great blog. I have created a post and linked an article of Wolfgang Weingart from you blog into my post...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect. Thank you. I'm planning to blog about Armin Hofmann soon so please check back in soon!

    ReplyDelete